Remember my recent post where I said I was having fun not pursuing a specific fitness goal?
Yeah, I’m over it.
Josh and I are planning a beach vacation for mid-February and if I want to be bikini ready by then, I need to get started today. Not after Christmas. Not after New Year’s. Not after my birthday, which falls in the first week of January. Today.
So here’s Phase I of the plan, which officially starts today (in truth, I’ve been eating really well over the last few weeks but not really documenting any of it). I’ll launch Phase II in January, which will be slightly more hard core (i.e. fewer cheat days, more workouts).
The Goal: Body Recomposition
I would like to reduce my body fat percentage from 21% to 18% by Christmas and 15% by mid-February. Right now, I look okay but I want the type of body that people look at and can tell I work hard for it. I’ve been settling for mediocrity long enough - it’s time to take it up a level.
- 3 Body Pump sessions per week
- 3-4 hours of cardio per week
- Eat 1400-1600 calories 6 days a week and enjoy a cheat day once a week where I eat around 2500 calories
- Eat 70-100 grams of protein every day
- Post daily eats and workouts here
- Post progress pictures each week
- Check in daily with my friend, who is also trying to lean out in anticipation of a mid-December vacation. She’s a personal trainer and nutritionist so I know I will gain valuable feedback and suggestions from her.
Surprisingly, it isn’t the holidays that I anticipate will interfere with my goals. I always incorporate higher calorie days into my weight loss efforts and it’s always worked for me in the past. No, my biggest obstacle is complacency. This isn’t the first time I’ve set out to achieve a leaner physique. The problem is, I always reach a point where I figure I look good enough and the extra effort I’d have to put in to look my absolute best isn’t worth it. I’m hoping this time, the thought of being in a bathing suit for six days in a row will be the added push I need to stay the course.
Question: Is there anything holding you back from achieving your best physique?