So far, I haven’t found myself in too many tempting situations throughout my Holiday Challenge. Sure, co-workers have been bringing chocolates to work and I attended a family dinner last weekend (which I used as a cheat day) but overall, it’s been smooth sailing.
That’s about to change next week. On Tuesday, I’m participating in a Christmas bake exchange at work and on Thursday, we have our staff holiday luncheon. Here is my action plan to mitigate some of the damage:
1) No cheat day this weekend or next - wah!
2) I’ll only make two extra treats when I bake this weekend – one for me and one for my sister (who will be helping me bake, since I have never done it before! Eek!)
3) Tuesday will be my cheat day. I will sample one of each treat (there are 6 of us participating so excluding my own offering, that’s 5 treats); I’ll eat normally the rest of the day and try to keep my daily total at around 1800-2000 calories.
4) Thursday’s lunch is scheduled for a little later than I usually eat, so I’ll eat a decent breakfast and pack a small, easily portable snack (a small serving of almonds, for example). At lunch, I won’t have any alcohol, appetizers or dessert. If apps are ordered for the table, or bread is served, I will stick to one piece. My main will be a small 8 oz. steak. For my side dish, I’ll stick to vegetables. I’ll skip my usual afternoon snack and have a light dinner. The goal for Thursday day is to try to stick to 1400-1600 calories.
5) Last but not least, I will stay active throughout the week.
Here’s a review of Day 10 and 11 of my Holiday Challenge:
Tuesday, December 6:
Breakfast – 1/2 banana (pre-workout) + peanut butter and banana on toast, skim milk (410 calories)
Snack – apple (80 calories)
Lunch – leftover chili (350 calories)
Snack – yogurt and granola (160 calories)
Dinner – pork tenderloin with brussel sprouts (386 calories)
Snack – Vitatop (100 calories)
Other – coffee with milk (10 calories)
Total = 1496 calories, 24% protein
Workout – RPM
Wednesday, December 7:
Breakfast – 1 egg + 2 egg whites, scrambled with 1 tsp butter; peanut butter on 1 slice toast (320 calories)
Snack – Greek yogurt and granola (160 calories)
Lunch – leftover pork tenderloin with brussel sprouts (386 calories)
Snack – 1/2 cup boiled edamame (130 calories)
Dinner – beef stir fry; Vita top (300 calories)
Post-workout – chocolate milk (170 calories)
Other – coffee with milk (15 calories)
Total = 1481, 30% protein
Workout - Body Pump
Do you have an action plan for situations where you’ll be tempted by not so healthy food?