Mondays typically suck so it’s always nice when something good happens on a Monday. Today, several good things happened that took my mind off the fact that there are still five more days until Saturday.
First and foremost, I officially became a home owner. In the afternoon, I got the call that we were approved for a mortgage, which was the last (and kind of most important) condition of our offer. After discovering this, I decided to check out real estate listings just for fun and confirmed what I already knew – that our house is so much nicer than anything else in our price change! Obviously, I was all giddy and excited and felt like jumping for joy, so how fitting that my scheduled workout for the day was the always ridiculously upbeat BodyStep.
Which brings me to the second highlight of my day - when the instructor announced we’d be doing a mix of old BodyStep releases. Don’t get me wrong, the new releases are killer but I was in the mood for the type of silly fun that only the quick step track can provide. The mix she chose suited my mood perfectly – Duran Duran, The Jacksons, Jennifer Lopez, The Four Seasons. Can’t get much better than that!
Finally, I received a Liebster Award from Yellow Haired Girl. If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, I highly recommend you head on over. Not only is she a fellow Canadian (which automatically makes her awesome) but she has a really fun outlook on fitness and food, which will get you amped about healthy living.
So onto the award – it’s given by bloggers to new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers to help spread the word about their blogs. When accepting your award you must:
1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.
4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don’t know about you.
I’m passing the award on to the following five new(er) bloggers. They might have more than 200 followers but they are new to me so I’m choosing them anyway
And now, my five random facts:
1. I’m a master procrastinator – in fact, I’m procrastinating right now by writing this post instead of the article I was assigned two months ago and have not yet started
2. I’ve never owned a watch – between cell phones, computers and parking metres, I’ve always been able to find the time just fine without one (and if all else fails, I just ask someone who has a watch).
3. My first crush was Zack Morris – I know I can’t be the only one who wanted to kick the TV when Kelly dumped him for that greasy waiter at the Max.
4. I took a bath tonight – I never take baths but I just felt like it.
5. I really like rap music – when I was in high school, I got really into rap music. And not the stuff you hear on pop radio, but the stuff us rap elitists refer to as “real hip hop.” And while my musical tastes have since broadened (as you can see from my commentary on tonight’s step class), I will still throw on a Wu Tang Clan CD from time to time and rap along to all of the lyrics.
Okay, so now I’m supposed to notify the people I tagged that I gave them an award but I think I’ll do that tomorrow morning (told you I was a procrastinator).
Did anything good happen to you this Monday?
And if it didn’t, don’t despair – Monday is practically over anyway!