My new favourite thing (and by “new favourite thing,” I mean I’ve only done it twice and may never do it again) is to get all of my harder workouts out of the way during the week and use Saturday as either a rest day or an active recovery day. For example, this week, my schedule looked like this:
Sunday – RPM
Monday – BodyPump
Tuesday – Rest
Wednesday – BodyPump
Thursday – BodyStep
Friday – BodyPump
Saturday – Hatha Yoga
After a busy week, it was nice to have a leisurely Saturday morning, especially since I’m going to Canada’s Wonderland this afternoon (for real this time), which requires lots of energy. Leviathan here I come!
Since I haven’t posted much this week, here are a few random updates on life:
1. I’m moving in less than a month. While I’m really excited about all of the fun stuff like decorating and hosting parties, I’ve been putting off all of the not-so-fun stuff like packing. Because I live with my mom, I know I don’t technically have to get all my stuff together by closing so I’m not feeling any pressure to get started. Which is bad. When there’s no pressure, I procrastinate big time. So far, I have packed one bin of winter sweaters. Amazing, right?
2. I got an iPhone. My cell phone provider recently ran a promotion where you get a free iPhone4 if you sign up for a 3-year contract. I was no longer under contract with them but have been with them forever so figured why not just commit to them for another 3 years and get a cool phone? I’m going to pick it up today and am very excited to be entering the 21st century.
3. Work is getting really busy. It feels like my responsibilities at work have increased exponentially over the past month or so and I’m doing a bit of everything – writing articles, writing marketing copy, coordinating marketing campaigns and staying on top of the news section of our website and magazine.
I’m also in charge of the annual directory we publish and I’m starting to compile listings next week, which is both time consuming and stressful (we publish over 1,000 listings and everybody waits until the last minute to get their shit updated).
I’m a little nervous about having to manage that on top of everything else (I did it last year but it was pretty much the only thing on my plate) but whenever I feel overwhelmed, I just remind myself that I’ve felt this way before (i.e. back in University when I had a million essays to write and exams to study for) and it always works out in the end – “it’ll get done” is one of my favourite personal mantras.
4. I’m obsessed with extra smooth ricotta cheese. I bought a small container of it last week without checking the expiration date. It expired on Thursday, so I had under a week to eat it all. And so a new post-BodyPump breakfast was born:
Ricotta cheese and strawberries on P28 toast. I also love ricotta spread on waffles and topped with blueberries. I finished the tub yesterday and am planning to buy more this week (only I will check the date this time)
5. My maintenance plan is going really well. I haven’t posted much about my experiences with maintenance lately but I plan to do a more in-depth post on it one of these days. Long story short, I’ve been eating at maintenance since February and my weight has more or less stayed the same throughout that time, give or take the usual monthly and/or post-sugar binge fluctuations. I thought it would be hard to stay motivated to work out and eat healthy without any physical goals to work towards but honestly, it’s kind of nice. I like that my workouts and eating habits aren’t for the sole purpose of reshaping my body, but simply to keep it exactly the way it is – healthy, strong and fit.
That’s pretty much it for me – have a fabulous weekend!