Given that I’ve been working from home all week, I didn’t think I’d be so excited to see the weekend but, man, I’m relieved it’s Saturday. I kind of slacked off from Tuesday to Thursday, which left me with a ton of stuff to get done yesterday.
I started at 7 a.m. and worked continuously until 5 p.m., with only one hour off to go to the gym. It reminded me of my University days when I used to leave everything til the last minute and then was forced to do a marathon essay writing session the day before everything came due. I definitely thrive in an office environment.
I’m also pumped because I got all of my workouts for the week out of the way and am using today as a rest day. I might go for a walk or do a gentle yoga class, but other than that I’m taking it easy. I did a kettlebells class yesterday and I am feeling it in a major way this morning. I think until my Groupon pass runs out, I’m going to try to switch out at least one BodyPump class for a kettlebells class each week. This will give me a new challenge for this month and then when I get back to doing Pump full-time, my body won’t be used to that either.
In other news, on Wednesday, the lovely Bec at Half Baked gave me a Beautiful Blogger Award. Thanks girl!
The rules are:
- Copy the image to your blog
- Thank the person who gave it to you and link back to their blog
- Share 7 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for the award
Seven Random Facts:
1. I’m allergic to penicillin. I had a violent reaction to it when I was a kid and because it was banana flavored, I wouldn’t touch bananas for years afterwards (I’m over it now).
2. Actually, I hated all fruit growing up and only recently started to incorporate some of them into my diet. Even now, there are very few fruits I actually like (apples, berries and, ironically enough, bananas).
3. I take my coffee with one milk, no sugar. Most people find this really disgusting but I hate overly sweet beverages (yet I have a major sweet tooth when it comes to food).
4. I was born in Canada but I have British citizenship through my Dad.
5. I skipped a grade in elementary school so most of my friends have always been at least a year older than me.
6. Dance Mix 95 was the first tape I ever owned.
7. If I still had a tape player, I would totally still listen to Dance Mix 95 all the time.
And last but not least, here are the 7 bloggers I’m nominating. I tried to pick bloggers who I haven’t nominated for anything before and who I don’t think have received this award already (but I could be wrong – if you have already won this award, I think that exempts you from the rules ).