That went by fast!
My Four Week Holiday Challenge is officially over. Let’s review my goal and action plan:
The Goal: Body Recomposition
I would like to reduce my body fat percentage from 21% to 18% by Christmas and 15% by mid-February. Right now, I look okay but I want the type of body that people look at and can tell I work hard for it. I’ve been settling for mediocrity long enough - it’s time to take it up a level.
- 3 Body Pump sessions per week
- 3-4 hours of cardio per week
- Eat 1400-1600 calories 6 days a week and enjoy a cheat day once a week where I eat around 2500 calories
- Eat 70-100 grams of protein every day
I’m really bad at keeping track of my weight and body fat percentage because the numbers fluctuate all the time; all I can tell you is that I dropped about 4 pounds and my body fat percentage is around 19%. However, I did take progress pictures and I think these are a much better indicator of my progress over the last four weeks:
As for my plan, I followed it exactly as written.
I’m now taking a two week “maintenance” break where I’ll aim for 1800-2000 calories most days. I’m doing this for several reasons:
1) I want to fully enjoy Christmas, New Year’s and my 25th birthday
2) It will be a good chance to rev up my metabolism
3) I want to establish good maintenance habits that I can stick to for life
There’s a reason why I gained a little weight this year and it’s because I didn’t have a good maintenance plan in place. I really thought I could ignore my diet and maintain my weight loss, so long as I kept active. Not so. The said reality is that with my appetite and love of all things decadent, I will probably always have to monitor what I eat.
So for the next two weeks, I want to practice moderation and that will be the focus of my posts. My goal is to be at the same weight/body fat percentage after two weeks. Then I will do a final cut before my beach vacation in February.