Here are ten reasons I came up with to go for a run this morning:
- Because you waited all winter for weather this nice
- Because you were planning to wash your hair anyway (and showering is infinitely more satisfying when you’re actually gross)
- Because it’s only 30 minutes out of your entire day, most of which you will spend sitting in a chair
- Because feeling fit, energetic and healthy for the rest of the day trumps 30 extra minutes of sleep
- Because early morning workouts make you more productive and alert at work
- Because it sets a healthy tone not just for the day, but the whole weekend
- Because it’s Friday and you’re probably going to eat something you shouldn’t later
- Because you’re not feeling sore, fatigued or burnt out, making it the perfect opportunity to get outside and move
- Because breakfast tastes even better after a workout
- Because an entire day spent wishing you had worked out is much worse than 30 minutes of wishing you were still in bed
Happy Friday everyone!
Do you have any mantras that help to get you moving?